Hope

ja's blog | 7/01/2011 |

Lord God I have never spoken to you
but now I want to say how do you do?

You see God they told me you didn't exist
and like a fool I believed all this.

Last night from a shallow I saw your sky
I figured right then they had told me a lie.

Had I taken time to see the things you made
I had known they weren't calling you from spade to spade.

I wonder God if you'll take my hand
somehow I feel that you'll understand.

Funny I had to come to this hellish place
before I had time to see your face.

Well, I guess the're really isn't much more to say
but I'm sure dear God that I met you today.

I guess zero hour will soon be here
but I'm not afraid since I know you're near.

The signal, well God I'll have to go
I like you Lord's I want you to know!

Look now this will be a horrible fight
who knows I may come to your house tonight.

Though I wasn't friendly to you before
I wonder God if you'd wait at your door.

Look I'm crying I'm shading tears
I'll have to go now, God goodbye.

Strange now since I met you
I'm not afraid to die.

~  Anonymous soldier

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 Jan's Blog. All Rights Reserved
This site is best viewed using Chrome or Firefox